Altenew Educators' "Floral with Geometric Elements" Blog Hop and Linky Party + Giveaway
Today I am very happy to be part of another Altenew Educators' blog hop with the theme Floral with Geometric Elements. You should have come from Kari VanNoy's blog, if not you can start at the Altenew card blog or check the list of participants below.
Let's jump right in!
Cartoon Rose is a recent addition to the Altenew rose stamps and this one immediately made me think of tattoo art which can be amazing. I wanted to stamp the roses within a square and color them partially to look a bit like tattoos.
The stamping process is the same for all these cards:
- Stamp the rose outline in black
- Mask the rose with masking paper
- Mask off a square around the rose with masking tape
- Stamp the leaves, mask them with masking paper
- Color or sponge in background
- Stamp selected color layers on rose
- Color in or stamp leaves
This third example uses the rose bud from the set, the colors are Heart Beat and Vineyard Berry, extra leaves in Gray Denim and the background is sponged in a heavy layer of Caribbean Sky. Again the sentiment is from You Are.