Altenew Educators "Anything But A Card" Blog Hop and Linky Party + Giveaway
I am back today with a couple of fun string mobiles to decorate your home.
Today's post is part of the Altenew Educators "Anything but a Card" Blog Hop, Linky Party and Giveaway, read all about it below! Thanks Sandra for relaying visitors here, the next stop on this hop is Penny.door sign for Manon, and since then I have made a sign for baby Sébastien and another one for Amélia, please check them out!
- Stamp out an even number of triangles using light yellow and light grey inks on to heavy white card stock. I stamped a total of 40, most of them in the largest size but also some small and medium sized ones, cut them out using scissors. Then I also die cut some of the triangles with holes to add some interest to my mobile.
- Cut a string from heavy sewing thread to your desired length - mine is 120 cm (47 inches) but the length depends on where you want to hang your mobile.
- Lay your string down on a table, make a loop (this is to hang your mobile), add a small piece of double sided tape to the first triangle to hold the loop/string in place and then add wet glue to sandwich another triangle on top with the string in the middle.
- Continue adding triangles in the same way, varying the distance, the color and the stamped motive as you go.
- Once you have reached your desired length, sandwich the the last triangle without any thread hanging out below for a neat finish.
These mobiles are so pretty to hang around the house and can be sent in an envelope along with a card as a small gift! If you do make one, please tag me @mes_cartes_a_moi I would love to see the mobiles you create!