Altenew Sticky Essentials Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in Total Prizes!)
Today I am part of the Sticky Essentials blog hop featuring Altenew adhesives and it's a two-for-one!
If you have come from Yes, Virginia! you are right on track.
Today we are concentrating on some of the products from the Altenew adhesive collection the Sticky Essentials!
For my cards today I first created the striped background using the Double Sided Adhesive Sheets:
- Cut a card panel to A2 size
- Cut a piece of an Altenew Double Sided Adhesive Sheet slightly smaller than A2 (if it's a tiny bit smaller it's much easier to center on the A2 panel) and stick to the panel.
- Cut strips of paper in coordinating colors and various widths to create the background - I used Canson papers because I have a nice stash of that but you can use any paper you may have.
- Then cut strips of Altenew Glitter Gradient Cardstock in coordinating colors. I used Golden Beryl, Peridot and Titanite adding green and gold to my red, light blue and taupe Canson paper color scheme.
- Remove the backing paper from the adhesive sheet and start sticking down the strips on an angle, cover the whole piece. Cut away the excess strips from the sides using a cutter or scissors.
- Trim the striped background to slightly smaller than A2.
To finish the card:
- Cut a heart towards the top third of the background using the Halftone Heart Nesting Dies - save the heart for your second card!
- Adhere to a card blank using Instant Dimension Foam Tape to lift it up just a bit from the card surface.
- Stick down a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to some green Glitter Gradient Cardstock and die-cut the word NOEL using the Tall Alpha Die Set.
- Line up the word on your work surface and pick it up with Satin Masking Tape, remove the backing from the adhesive and stick down inside the heart.
For the second card:
- Stamp Happy Holidays from the Pine Cone stamp set repeatedly on one of the card strips in Red Pigment ink.
- Die-cut a slightly larger sized heart from Canson light-blue paper backed with a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Sheet.
- Stick the heart to a square 4 and 1/4 inch card base.
- Using Instant Dimension Foam Tape, glue the striped heart down on an angle as shown in the photograph above.
Disclosure: Please note that I do not participate in any affiliate programs and do not receive any payment for producing this or any other blog post. I only post about products I love and provide product links purely for the convenience of my readers. On this occasion Altenew generously gifted me the adhesives used for these cards, they are truly great products! All other products used were purchased by me.