Altenew Sticky Essentials Blog Hop + Giveaway ($300 in Total Prizes!)
Today I am part of the Sticky Essentials blog hop featuring Altenew adhesives and it's a two-for-one!
If you have come from Yes, Virginia! you are right on track.
Today we are concentrating on some of the products from the Altenew adhesive collection the Sticky Essentials!
For my cards today I first created the striped background using the Double Sided Adhesive Sheets:
- Cut a card panel to A2 size
- Cut a piece of an Altenew Double Sided Adhesive Sheet slightly smaller than A2 (if it's a tiny bit smaller it's much easier to center on the A2 panel) and stick to the panel.
- Cut strips of paper in coordinating colors and various widths to create the background - I used Canson papers because I have a nice stash of that but you can use any paper you may have.
- Then cut strips of Altenew Glitter Gradient Cardstock in coordinating colors. I used Golden Beryl, Peridot and Titanite adding green and gold to my red, light blue and taupe Canson paper color scheme.
- Remove the backing paper from the adhesive sheet and start sticking down the strips on an angle, cover the whole piece. Cut away the excess strips from the sides using a cutter or scissors.
- Trim the striped background to slightly smaller than A2.
To finish the card:
- Cut a heart towards the top third of the background using the Halftone Heart Nesting Dies - save the heart for your second card!
- Adhere to a card blank using Instant Dimension Foam Tape to lift it up just a bit from the card surface.
- Stick down a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to some green Glitter Gradient Cardstock and die-cut the word NOEL using the Tall Alpha Die Set.
- Line up the word on your work surface and pick it up with Satin Masking Tape, remove the backing from the adhesive and stick down inside the heart.
For the second card:
- Stamp Happy Holidays from the Pine Cone stamp set repeatedly on one of the card strips in Red Pigment ink.
- Die-cut a slightly larger sized heart from Canson light-blue paper backed with a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Sheet.
- Stick the heart to a square 4 and 1/4 inch card base.
- Using Instant Dimension Foam Tape, glue the striped heart down on an angle as shown in the photograph above.
Disclosure: Please note that I do not participate in any affiliate programs and do not receive any payment for producing this or any other blog post. I only post about products I love and provide product links purely for the convenience of my readers. On this occasion Altenew generously gifted me the adhesives used for these cards, they are truly great products! All other products used were purchased by me.
Helen, These adhesive sheets look like they are the go to adhesive. I am going to site now to order. Thank you.ReplyDelete
These adhesive sheets are indeed a game changer :)Delete
I love your cardsDelete
Love both cards, I need some adhesive sheets.ReplyDelete
Great cards with fun colors;ReplyDelete
What a very unique card!ReplyDelete
Love your colors of stripes on these cards and how you used the positive and negative to make 2 cards. I'm interested in the instant dimension foam tape, too.ReplyDelete
The Dimension Foam Tape is great!Delete
Super fun projects!!ReplyDelete
oh what fun cards - love the colors on themReplyDelete
Sweet cards! Love 2 for 1! Yes I love adhesive sheets!ReplyDelete
Love the double sided adhesive and the 2 for 1 card.ReplyDelete
Beautiful cards!!!! Best adhesive sheets Ever!!!!ReplyDelete
The glittery stripes look cool. Nice idea.ReplyDelete
Love the striped backgrounds! Great designs!ReplyDelete
SUPERB, Helen!! Love your beautiful color choices and creative use of adhesive!ReplyDelete
Thanks dear VirginiaDelete
Beautiful cards. Love the learn about the adhesives. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
A lot of work in these cards ! But they turned out great. I love that you tilted the inner heart. As always you are the best.ReplyDelete
I do use adhesive sheets, especially like you did here but not very often.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing your lovely cards!ReplyDelete
Adhesive sheets are perfect for stripes. Beautiful cards. TFS!ReplyDelete
Your color choices are such a delight! Amazing cards - so glad you shared them.ReplyDelete
Choosing colors is one of the biggest joys in cardmaking for me - so glad you like these!Delete
Unique cards! Thanks for sharingReplyDelete
Very nice cards! The strips layout is always a fun one and who doesn't love the glitter!ReplyDelete
Glitter is fun!Delete
I love ideas that make 2 cards at 1 time! :) Awesome!ReplyDelete
Very pretty cards!ReplyDelete
Fun cards. Love the two for onesReplyDelete
This technique is a fantastic scrap stash buster! The adhesive sheets are a live saver for this. Very clever two for one design. Thanks for the inspiration.ReplyDelete
We all need great scrap stash busters, don't we?!Delete
What a clever idea to add the heart at an angle - looks very effective. Love when one lot of work gets me 2 cards, thanks!ReplyDelete